This page will contain a variety of helpful tools, resources, and other things that will make life easier for working with mods. For the most recent versions of tConfig, see Downloads.
- Terraria Classes - All the classes that exist in Terraria, with documentation about how they interact.
- tConfig Classes - As above, but for things that Surfpup introduced.
- List of recommended books - If you want to learn C#, getting a book is a good idea.
- Programming Guide - A quick and dirty guide to programming in C#.
- C# Programming Resource Site - A site with a basic tutorial in C# as well as numerous other C# resources.
- Microsoft C# Reference Guide - The absolute, official documentation of the C# language. Very indepth, good to reference while working.
- Microsoft XNA Reference Guide - As above, but for XNA Game Studio, which Terraria also uses. Again, you'll only want to reference this sometimes.
- MSDN List of C# Compiler Errors - If the ModPack Builder is giving you errors, you can look them up here for information on what you did wrong and how to fix it. Not quite a guide, but it goes with the two links above.
- Install Guide - Get tConfig up and going today!
- Surfpup's Example Pack - A variety of examples showcasing what tConfig can do. Highly recommended for beginners, and as a reference. Requires tConfig to be installed, so check out the Install Guide if you need help.
- Tile Template - It's a blank template for filling out your own terrain.
- Blank Buff & Debuff - for making a sprite of your own (de-)buff.
- XNB Exporter - Rip .png files from Terraria so you can edit them. More easily accesible here.
- Default .ini Files - All the tiles, items, projectiles, etc you'd find in vanilla Terraria. Fully editable and good to go!
- ILSpy - Used to decompile the game.
- Default Sounds - The ingame sounds, and the music WaveBank included. (the TerrariaMusic file is needed to configurate the WaveBank)
Working with ArtEdit
- GraphicsGale - A free, lightweight alternative to photoshop. Good for animation!
- GIMP - Works if you don't want the above.
- ASEPRITE - A free sprite creation tool, easy to use. Good for animation! Not reccomended for high res images.
Working with CodeEdit
- Microsoft Visual Studio C# 2010 Express Pretty much the best thing you'll find. Lets you know when you make errors, and highlights your code for good readability. Free too! Get this.
- Notepad++ - A free text editor that acts like Notepad, but on steroids. Offers code highlighting.
- Notepad - Comes loaded on any computer, but does not support syntax checking or highlighting. Works in a pinch, though.
- Notepad2 - It replaces the old windows notepad with a powerful tool that can read the C# syntax along with many other tools.
- Programmers Notepad - Similar to notepad++ again with C# versitility.
- Snippet Editor - A C# Code Snippet Editor and Creator for quick calling code snippits in c# compiling.
- gVim - An extremely powerful and flexible text editor for any coding project. You will never use another editor again.
Working with SoundEdit
- Audacity - A free, open source audio editor.
- FLStudio - One of the most in-depth audio programs around. Comparable to Photoshop in terms of power and cost.
- Mixcraft - A fairly powerful, but antiquated program, but it is pretty good at doing what FL does. It is not free, but has a trial period.
- SFXR - A very lightweight tool that lets you make 8 or 16 bit sounds, like you would expect to hear on a gameboy or SNES. With some care, you can make decent sound effects.
- BFXR - Like SFXR, but has an online version and is more powerful
- Microsoft Cross-Platform Audio Creation Tool - Used to make WaveBanks. somewhere between these programs in the installer.
- Dropbox - A very powerful tool for storing any kind of files online. Note that it is entirely web based and you do not need to download their software.
- Imgur - A quick, temporary, and anonymous image sharing site. Simply upload a picture and then link it to others. Perfect for uploading a quick or non permanent screenshot, for example.
- Pastebin - A great anonymous text sharing site. Just copy and paste the text, and choose the formatting (C#), and it will highlight it, and generate a very shareable link.
- Pastie - Another free alternative to Pastebin.
- Filebeam - A free file hosting site that is quick and efficient but it can only upload 100mb at a time. *You do not have to be a member to use there service like some hosts.
- uppit-A free file hosting site up to 500 mb you also do no have to be a member to upload